Translate

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

France - Week 9 (St. Brieuc)

4/22/13
 
Hello Everyone!
So this week Elder Adams and I went to Rennes for a zone conference which was awesome. President Poznanski and his wife gave us all some great council. We also got to sit down one on one with both President and Sister Poznanski for interviews so that was great too. They gave me some really good advice in the interviews and they both told me my French was really good so that was nice for the ego!
After zone conference I stayed in Rennes for the day with Elder Lerdahl for my exchange with him. This was my second exchange with elder Lerdahl; and he is as legit as ever! He's one of our zone leaders and I always get pumped when I serve with him. We worked hard together in Rennes (which is a big French college town) and did lots of finding and taught a good lesson.
Church was pretty intense yesterday. There were only 20 people there in total so that was kind of discouraging. Elder Adams and I taught priesthood for the first hour, then we taught our investigator who was at church for the second hour with a member, then we gave talks in church for the third hour. Basically we were teaching in each of the 3 hour blocks yesterday and on top of that we needed to translate and I had to play the piano. It was really good though, I'm thankful for all the chances we had to serve yesterday.
That was the first legit talk I've given in French. I think it went pretty well. I talked for about 20 minutes about Faith and got to share some cool stories and scriptures from the Book or Mormon and Bible. Everyone look up Moroni 7:33, that's a super good verse on faith. After my talk Elder Adams gave a 20 minute talk on prayer. While he was giving his talk I had to translate. Since half of the members in the Branch are from England and don't speak French, either Elder Adams or I have to sit in the back of the congregation and translate the message into a microphone. Translating is super mentally exhausting, but it's great practice for the French
Overall we didn't have a ton of success this week as far as numbers go, but we definitely worked our hardest at the things we can control. I guess that's all we can do. Please keep the French people in your prayers.
Oh I heard about the explosion in Boston. Elder Adams and I got stopped by a bunch of people on the streets of Saint Brieuc who wanted to talk about the attack with some Americans. I'm so sad to hear about that and the people who were killed and injured. It's sad to think that a couple of young men my age would do something like that. Definitely keep all the families involved in that in your prayers too. Any news in America spreads through France like wildfire.
Shout out to Elder Austin Long for getting his mission call to Iowa, I'm super excited for him!
Talk to you all next week!
Elder Davis
P.S. Sorry no pictures again this week, I am super bad at taking pictures. I'll try to do better this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment