Translate

Monday, August 18, 2014

France - Week 74 (Versailles)

Hello family and loved ones!                                                                                                                    7/28/14

So this past week I did 3 exchanges... one of them being in Liège, Beligum! It was so good to go back and see one of my old cities. I even got to see some old people that I taught and baptized... What a great experience! 

We also had a super legit 1st rendez vous with a young woman and her father yesterday. Alan and Célia. Apparently they talked to missionaries a few years ago and were going to get baptized.... but decided last minute to change their mind. Well... they contacted us this past week saying they want to retake the missionary lessons and do what it takes to prepare for baptism. Oh, I think we can help them with that!

We saw them last night and it was an awesome lesson. We took Robin with us (he himself being a recent convert) and the spirit was strong. I love first rendez-vous. We have another lesson with them on wednesday so we're hoping to fix some baptismal dates soon!

I had a super, super french lunch on Saturday. Jean-Yves and Martine Belin invited us over to eat with the Bousseaus. They fed us lamb and rockfort which is a super, super strong french cheese. Basically Rockfort is known for being super moldy. I'm pretty sure it's illégal to sell in the USA. Man it was soooo good though. The french culture is really starting to get to me... at least the food part haha. 

The other exchanges I did were with the Angers and Brussels zone leaders. They came to us in Versailles and we saw a lot of cool things. Elder Tyler Johnson is one of the brussels zone leaders so I finaly got to do an exchange with him. I've been wanting to work with him my entire mission! I knew him in the MTC and last week... I FINALLY got to live the dream. He's such a stud and I learned a lot from working with him. 

Yesterday we went to Paris Lilas because one of Elder Everett's old investigators wanted him to baptize her. Elder Everett found her when he first started his mission.... Took her almost 2 years to get ready, but he was super happy to be able to be the one to baptize her. 

Just goes to show, no effort is ever wasted. Some people just take their time to gain a testimony.

I love the mission! Life is toooo good. 

have a great week,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment