Translate

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bonjour!

Bonjour! I created this blog for my family, friends and anyone else who would like to read about my experiences as I serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Paris, France.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with how missions work… I will begin my mission when I report to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, Utah on December 19th, 2012. While in Provo, I will study French, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and learn other things pertaining to missionary work. After about a month or two in Provo, I will fly to France where I will live until my mission ends sometime around December 19th, 2014. My goal and intention for the next couple years is to serve the French people and invite them to come unto Christ.

Every week I will send pictures and write letters/emails home to my family and they will copy and paste those to this blog. Remember, once I am on my mission I will never be able to access or communicate with you through this blog, only my family will be posting things. If you want to contact me, you can send me a letter or package (via snail mail) to the address posted below my picture at the top of this website.

One more thing, once I’m in France, I will only be able to check my mail once a week (every Monday), but I promise to reply to anyone and everyone who writes me. I’m going to miss all of you, but I’m very excited for the next two years!

Take care,

Soon-to-be Elder Gavin Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment