Translate

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

MTC 3

Here's our letter from Elder Davis this week! :)

Salut! (Salut is kind of like aloha; it means hello and goodbye in French)

I hope you all had an awesome week! This past week in Provo has been FREEZING! A couple of my teachers said that it was -2 degrees Fahrenheit at 8:00 am on 1-4-2013. That's the coldest weather I've ever been in. I could feel my semi wet hair freezing when I went outside.

Good news, the flu (AKA black plague) has officially passed the MTC. Everyone is back to being healthy again. I never got the flu which I am very grateful for! But I have had a pretty bad head cold this week. But that's OK, I'd take a head cold over the flue any day.

I can't remember if I've already said this, but just so everyone knows, I receive mail every day, but I am only allowed to email and hand write letters on Tuesdays. I still read all of you mail during the week though so thank you!

This past Wednesday we got 300 new missionaries. That's pretty cool, but what’s cooler is we are getting 850 new missionaries this Wednesday. The MTC is packed! It’s awesome.

We found a mouse in our apartment this week. That was kind of gross. On Friday we had TRC which is basically where we practice teaching people who are already member of the Church that speak French. It's kind of like home teaching. Its great practice for us and our French.

Today (P-Day) we went to the Provo temple for the first time which was pretty cool. We did endowments and I've never seen an endowment session so full!

OK so the big news is I WENT TO SAN FRANCISCO YESTERDAY! Because my mission is in France, me and 7 other missionaries had to go to San Francisco to do some things at the French Consulate to get our Visas. We woke up at 2:30 am yesterday (1-6-2013), left the MTC around 3:30 am and then did some proselyting in the Salt Lake City airport while we waited for our plane. I talked to a couple of women from Milwaukee. They turned out to be sisters who were in Utah visiting their brother. We just small talked for a while and I got to know a lot about them! They told me they are Christians and one of the sisters has ever served a 2 week mission for her church in Thailand which is really cool! After talking to them for about 30 minutes, they asked me why I was all dressed up and wearing a badge which allowed me to talk about the church and my calling as a missionary. They were very kind, and I was able to give them a Book of Mormon and share a short testimony with them before I had to leave and catch my flight. On the plane, I was hoping to sit next to a non member, but unfortunately the guy I sat next to was already a member. What’s cool though is his son is serving a mission in Paris right now!! What are the chances of that! His son is serving in the same mission as me until august.

Once we got to San Francisco we went right to the Consulate and took care of our visa stuff. Then we went to Pier 39 and ate at Boudin's on the pier. After that we went to China town and saw a Ferrari there! Then we went and saw the most "crooked street in the world" (Google it). We saw AT&T park, home of the San Francisco Giants, and we saw the Church building Marilyn Monroe got married in. After that we went and saw the Golden Gate Bridge which was sweet! The bridge is amazing. I'll send some pictures. Me and the 7 missionaries that were with me walked to one of the tall portions of the bridge so about 1/4 of the length.

On the way home, me and Elder Johnson met an awesome college student named Emily. She attends Montana State University and just recently became Christian. She was so nice and so receptive of our message. We jumped right into teaching her the first lesson (the message of Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the Gospel). She loved everything we had to say. We gave her my last Book of Mormon with my testimony written in it then we boarded the plane. Unfortunately we weren't able to sit by her during the flight, but we were able to talk to her when we landed. Turns out she read my testimony, the introduction and the first 3 chapters of the Book of Mormon during the flight! After that we got her contact information so we could send missionaries to her in Montana.

Being a missionary is so amazing. It was so cool being able to leave the MTC for 24 hours and actually talk to people about the gospel. I know that God lives. I know Jesus Christ is His son and our older brother. I know God loves us. I know that Christ lived and died for us so that we can someday live with God again. I know that Joseph Smith really did see God the Father and the Son. He really was and is a prophet. The proof that Joseph Smith is a prophet is the Book of Mormon. I invite everyone who hasn't to read the Book of Mormon. It really is the word of God; another testament of Jesus Christ.

I can't wait to get to Paris!!
Talk to you all next week, please write!

Love,
Elder Davis


Pictures will be coming soon, this blog just doesn't want to work very well at the moment! Sorry about that! :P




No comments:

Post a Comment