Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

MTC 4

Here's our weekly letter! :)


Bonjour Family and Friends,
 
I hope you all are doing well. This past week has flown by. I guess time flies when you’re having fun and learning a lot! To be honest, not a lot happened this week out of the ordinary. Most of my week has consisted of teaching lessons, and studying scriptures/French. That’s the life of a missionary in the MTC, 16 hours a day! Two of my roommates (Elder Anderson and Elder Salmon) left for France earlier this week. Elder Williams and I were able to give them a priesthood blessing before they left (Just to encourage and bless them with health and safety before they left) which was really cool. Now Elder Williams and I have the room to ourselves for another week or two until the next group of French Missionaries come in. I'm just glad I don't have to sleep on the top bunk anymore.

We've done a lot of teaching this week. We have lessons everyday which is great practice. I can really see my teaching skills and French get better and better every day. It’s hard to believe that I have already been here for about a month! Only one more month to go and I will be in France.

For those of you getting ready to go on a mission or are thinking about serving. My first piece of advice is go on a mission! It’s an amazing experience unlike any other and I have already seen it bless my life in many ways. My second piece of advice would be to prepare now. Study the scriptures, study Preach my Gospel, develop a strong testimony of what you will be teaching, and commit now to be the best missionary you can be. The Lord needs more missionaries to spread his Gospel to the world. There are many people in the world looking for a peace and happiness in this life that can only come from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

To end my email today, I want to share my testimony with you in French. (I can't figure out how to switch this keyboard to French so most of it will be misspelled, but you'll get the idea).

Je sais que Dieu est notre Père Céleste et nous sommes ses enfants. Il nous aime. Je sais que Jésus-Christ est notre Frère est que il est le fils de Dieu. L'expiation de Jésus-Christ nous permet a repentir pour notre pèches et de retourner vers Dieu après cet vie. Je sais absolument que le Livre de Mormon est le Parole de Dieu. Cet Livre pouvait renforcer notre foi en Jésus-Christ, aider nous avec épreuves dans notre vie et que Le Livre de Mormon vraiment avez réponses pour le questions de la âne.
 
Je sais que Joseph Smith est un vrais prophète. Il vraiment parler avec Dieu et Jésus-Christ. L'Eglise de Jésus-Christ de Saints des Dernier Jours est le même église Jésus-Christ organiser lorsque il était sur la terre. Joseph Smith ne fait pas crée un église, il rétablissement l’Eglise de Jésus-Christ.
 
Je sais cette chose pasque j'ai étudier et prie, et le Saint-Esprit avez touche mon cœur.

In English, I testify to you all that Jesus is the Christ, He lived and died for us and lives again today. He has always spoken to his children through prophets (Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, etc.) and he continues to do so today (Amos 3:7), for he is the same yesterday, today and forever. Joseph Smith was chosen by God, not to create another Christian church, but to organize the SAME church that Jesus Christ organized himself while he was on the earth. I know that if we follow the teachings of Christ, we can live happier lives, have stronger relationships with our friends and family and experience peace in this life. 
 
I promise you can know that these things are true if you read the Book of Mormon, pray to our Heavenly Father with a sincere heart, and ask Him if it is true. You can know the truth of all things by the power of the Holy Ghost. (Moroni 10:5)
I miss you all! Talk to you next week!
Love,
Elder Davis


Pictures!
 
#1 Me with my new France shirt and a French hat...beret

 
 
#2 Me and Elder Williams

 
#3 My room at the MTC, my bed was the top bunk closest to the camera, now that elder Salmon has left its the one on the bottom.

 
#4 You're probably all sick of seeing my laundry pictures, but since you can only do laundry one day a week having clean clothes is a big deal haha

 
#5 This is on the MTC grounds, a statue of Samuel H, Smith, the Brother of Joseph Smith and the first missionary ever!

 
#6 Me and Elder Salmon in front of the Provo Temple
 
 
#7 I don't know if anyone cares to see this, but for those of you who have never been inside the MTC, this is the MTC cafeteria on an average day. Lots of missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment