Translate

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 77 (Versailles)

August 18, 2014

Hello everyone!

Man, I had a great week! I'm so grateful to be a missionary. Life couldn't be better right now!

Yesterday I got to go back to the Paris Lilas ward to see a baptism of Josée! She's a really great lady who has been working with the Paris Lilas elders for a long time and she finally was able to get baptized! I got to work with her a little bit, so I was super happy that she invited me to come and see her baptism.

Baptism days on the mish = happiest days of your life!

Being back in Paris Lilas was cool too because I got to see a bunch of old friends, including François. What a humble, sincere, spiritual man. He's been going through some tough times with his health lately. he's stuck in a wheel chair and has been needing to make frequent hospital visits. Keep him in your prayers. 

It was so cool to be able to see the Paris Lilas members again. Man I miss them. I think that's the third time I've been back to Paris Lilas since I've been in Versailles, but it's awesome every time. 

Today is the first day of a new transfer which means.... I have a new companion! Guess who it is? ELDER TYLER JOHNSON! I've known Elder Johnson since the beginning of my mission and I'm SO pumped to be able to serve with him. 
 
We're going to have an awesome, awesome, miracle filled transfer. I'm already convinced of that!

He has so much faith and energy so I'm really excited to learn from him. Basically I'm going to be living the dream for the next 6 weeks.

Elder Everett got transfered back to Paris so at least he's not too far away. I'll miss him, but I think he'll be happy to start working with the Chinease of Paris again. Elder Everett only has 6 more weeks left of his mission, but I know he'll finish strong! I'm grateful for the time I was able to work with him.

Seriously, I am so optomistic right now. I'm in an amazing city with an amazing companion and we are teaching some amazing people. We get to work with an amazing mission president on a daily basis and God blesses us every day. Can't complain 

I hope you guys are doing well. Take care of yourselves!
Elder Davis 

No comments:

Post a Comment