Translate

Saturday, July 6, 2013

France - Week 17 (St. Brieuc)

6-17-13
 
Hey Family and Friends,
 
So this was quite a busy week. We spent most of it on trains and traveling. On Tuesday we had to take an 8 hour train ride to Limoges (Central France) because Elder Fish had to take care of some legality things there. After you've been in France for a year you need to renew your paperwork so you can keep living in the country. Pretty inconvenient, but pretty important stuff! Wouldn't want him to get kicked out of the country haha. We took care of the legality paperwork on Wednesday then we took an 8 hour train to Paris and then Angers. We were only in Paris for about 40 minutes since we had a little bit of time in between trains. In that 40 minutes I got to see the Eiffel Tower for the first time! I could only see the top part of it at a very far distance, but I still saw it. Its pretty legit, I hope I can see it better in the future. Anyways... On Friday we had a zone conference in Angers which is also in western France. Zone conferences are basically just big meetings where a bunch of missionaries get together and our mission president speaks to us and gives us training. It was awesome. I learned a lot and I'm excited to start putting these things into practice here in St. Brieuc. Its also nice just being able to see all the other missionaries.
 
Sorry today's letter is short. We are having some pretty bad computer issues today. Next week I will find out if I stay in St. Brieuc or if I will be moving on to another city. Keep praying for the good people of France!
 
Thanks for everything,


Elder Davis
Pictures!
 
 
#1 Me with the Plante family. One of the families in our branch.

#2 Me with Jean Christophe. We made some cookies to take to some less actives. Man I'm getting fat!

#3 Last Monday Elder Fish and I played some catch. Felt so good to finally throw a baseball again!

#4 So while I was in Paris this week during our 40 minute gap between trains I saw the Eiffel tower for the first time. This is all I got to see though

#5  I gave Elder Fish some pitching tips ;)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment