Translate

Saturday, July 6, 2013

France - Week 18 (St. Brieuc)

6-24-13
 
Hello family and friends,

So I guess I'll cut to the chase and tell you all the big news. I found out last night that I am getting transferred! I will be serving in Strombeek, Beligum for the next 12 weeks (minimum). I am soooo excited. Serving in Saint Brieuc has been amazing, I have had so many cool experiences and met so many amazing people here, but I am also excited to move on and meet new people and see more miracles. I think I can honestly look back on the past 4 months I spent in Saint Brieuc with no regrets. I gave my heart and soul to this city. 

But.... the big news doesn't end there. Turns out I will also be training a new missionary. So I am whitewash training and opening up a new companionship in the area. Basically that means I am going to an area that has never a second companionship of Elders before and starting from scratch with a brand new missionary in a city I have never even been too! I am super excited though, this is a huge responsibility and is definitely going to be tough, but I know the Lord will help me. He qualifies those whom he calls. Bring it on!

I pick up my new companion fresh off the airplane from America this Wednesday morning. I will let you know next week his name and the other details about him after I meet him. 

This means that today and tomorrow are going to be crazy days. I have to pack up all my stuff and get stuff ready for the big move. Oh, Elder Fish is going to be training too so that means another brand new missionary will be coming to Saint Brieuc in my place. 

This week was awesome. We had a miracle happen on Friday. I'll share the short version of the story. Basically we had to buy bus tickets to take a long bus ride to a neighboring city. After we purchased the tickets we saw we had 45 minutes until our bus would leave. We had a decision to make. We could relax during those 45 minutes and wait for our bus.... or we could use those 45 minutes  to talk to some people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the city. Thankfully we chose to talk to people. In those 45 minutes we talked to 2 people who were interested in our message. We taught each of them (separately) a lesson of how the church of Jesus  Christ was restored through a modern prophet and prayed with them on the busy street and got their contact information. Why is this a miracle you ask?? Because during the past 4 days Elder Fish and I would contact and contact for endless amounts of hours with no success. IN the past 4 days nobody would give us the time of day let alone their phone number. Yet, because we chose to be diligent, the Lord blessed us and put two people in our path who were prepared and looking for something that could bless their life. 

There is never too little time for a miracle to happen. As a missionary I know we need to use EVERY second effectively. 

Thank you everyone for your prayers, letters, emails and support. I know that Jesus Christ is my older brother and that through Him we all can find more joy and peace in this life. 

Talk to you all next week!
Elder Davis

My new address is:

11, ave des Gloires Nationales 
1081 Koekelberg
Belgium

No comments:

Post a Comment