Translate

Monday, July 8, 2013

Belgium - Week 20 (Brussels)

7-8-13
 
Hello Family and Friends,


Kind of weird to think that I've been on my mission for 30 weeks now.  I'm not sure how I realized that, but that is really hard for me to believe. I feel like I just left. I guess time flies when you're working hard and having fun. 


This week was super legit. Full of miracles and success. We had some awesome highs and some scary lows... overall it was quite a busy week. 


Last week for P-day we went all over the city of Brussels and saw some famous stuff and ate at some famous places. I think after emails and grocery shopping today were going to go buy some Belgium ties and what not.   


We found a bunch of cool new investigators this week. One is a young couple Kingsly and Marseila (he is African from Nigeria and she is from Spain and only speaks Spanish). Its been a really cool experience because we've been teaching them in English and Spanish. I am super awkward teaching in English, but luckily Elder Player is new enough that he can teach in English without forgetting words like me. We have also started learning some Spanish and using Spanish copies of the Book of Mormon to teach Marseila. I want to be fluent in Spanish haha I'm thinking about buying a Spanish dictionary later today. 


All this week there have been huge concerts and parties right in front of our appartment so that's been pretty crazy. Luckily our windows cut out most of the noise. Belgium music is so weird haha. No wonder most Europeans listen to American music. 


The fourth of July was pretty uneventful, but at the same time it was one of the best 4th of July's I've ever had. In the morning, me and the 3 other elders said the Pledge of Allegiance and we had our American flags all over our apartment. We also listened to Patriotic Music by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir all day. We weren't able to light fireworks or anything, but we did do a lot of reflecting about our country. Being away from the USA on the 4th of July was cool because it really made us reflect on how amazing our country really is. Its true that you never really appreciate something fully until its gone. I will never take the USA for granted ever again, GOD BLESS AMERICA. 


On Friday our kitchen sink exploded haha so that was a messy experience. Luckily myself, Elder Player and the other elders were in the apartment when it happened so we could clean up our flooded kitchen. We aren't sure how it happened exactly. I think the pipes were pretty clogged up and with the washer running it made everything back up. 


Sunday was amazing, we had an investigator there named Mosa. We met him on the metro and he is so amazing. He has so much faith and such a huge desire to do what is right. He said he loved church and could feel the spirit super strongly.


We have been so blessed here in Belgium. Elder Player and I are having more success than I've ever before had on my mission. We are finding new investigators and teaching like crazy. Elder Player is a stud. He really helps bring out the best missionary in me. His French is progressing fast and he just has such awesome goals and hopes and dreams for his mission. I know he'll be able to accomplish them if he keeps the fire he has right now. 


Life is so good. I have been so blessed. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to be here in Belgium. I never before in my entire life would have ever thought I'd live in Brussels, but I wouldn't change this experience for anything. The people I have met here have already made a huge impact on my life for good. Each day I get to wake up in Brussels, forget about myself, and do everything I can to brighten the lives of those around me. In the end, I think I am still the one who benefits the most. I have never been this consistently happy in my life. 


Thank you for all you do for me. I will continue to keep you guys in my prayers. Missionary work is accelerating fast... And I've learned that it will continue to accelerate with or without you. Its up to us to decide if we want to be apart of it or not. I hope you chose to be a part of it. Whether that means getting a tag and coming out to Belgium, or just helping out the missionaries where you live. There are amazing experiences waiting for you, I promise that's true because it happens to me every day. I invite to you become a part of it.


Talk to you next week.
Elder Davis 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment