Translate

Monday, December 9, 2013

Belgium - Week 40 (Liege)

11/25/2013
 
Why hello there everyone, 
Well here I am once again in the small internet café we always go to wondering what I'm going to tell you guys about. Well for starters I guess I'll tell you guys that I had a great week like always.  
We had interviews with President and Sister Poznanski this past week so that was pretty great. Any one on one time you get with your mission president is always a great experience. I'm so grateful for president Poznanski and everything he has done for me and taught me so far on my mission. He's helped me learn how to be a better man, missionary and follower of Christ. he's inspired and legit!
Oh, i should also probably warn you that next Monday I have to go to Brussels and do some legality paperwork so I don't get kicked out of the country so I probably wont have time to do emails like normal. If not I'll just write next Tuesday instead. 
This past week I was in Namur on an exchange with Elder Brandon Haskell. recently the elders in Namur have been struggling to see any success or miracles so I did a lot of praying before getting to their city. once I got there Elder Haskell and I said a prayer together and set some goals for our exchange. That was the begining of a miracle packed day! at first it was really slow... nobody was interested and we were talking to everyone in our path in the heart of the city. It wasn't until the last guy we talked to before dinner that we got to teach him and set up a follow up appointment. he is a father of three and has lots of potential.
Later that night we knocked on some doors by their church building and ran into a cool guy named Jean-Benoit (yeah, super French name haha). He opened the door and told us that he goes running pretty much every morning in front of our church and has been wondering for years what the Mormons were all about. he let us in and we taught him about the restoration of the Gospel. 
The spirit was super strong during that exchange and I learned and grew as a missionary. 
yesterday we taught the Coulon family again. They are so legit! I love that family so much. Honestly, before we saw them yesterday I had been kind of frustrated with them because we would always schedule appointments and they would always cancel at the last minute. However.... once I sat down at their table in their kitchen and started to teach them about the Restoration I could almost literally feel the Lord pouring charity into my heart for this family. I want nothing more for them than the best!
During that entire lesson I felt again how the Lord kind of took control. I never wondered what I needed to say or how I needed to say it or what question to ask or when to not say anything at all. The words just kind of came and I could feel the love the Lord has for that family.
We are seeing them again this Friday so keep them in your prayers. 
Overall.... awesome week. I know I say that every week, but that's only because it's true. I love Belgium. I love the people here. I love being a missionary. The church is true!
Have a great week,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment