Translate

Monday, December 9, 2013

Belgium - Week 42 (Liege)

12/9/2013
 
Hey everyone!
Today is the first day of my 8th transfer! A brand new transfer means transfer news! So it turns out that I will be STAYING in Liège for another 6 weeks, but my good friend and dear companion Elder Aleccia will be transferred back to France. He has one transfer (6 weeks) left in his mission, so he'll go back to France for 6 weeks and then he'll be back in the good ol' U S of A. 
 
I'll miss him. We had a good 12 weeks together and we saw a lot of good success and miracles and baptisms together. I learned a lot from him and I'm grateful for him because I think he made me a better missionary. 
So my new companion will be Blake Pilling. I don't know him, but I've heard lots of good things about him! 
This past week was really good. I went on an exchange in Namur with Elder Derick Beckstrand from California. He's a super good missionary and we found and taught some cool people from knocking on doors and talking to them on the street. 
Crazy to think that Christmas is just around the corner! Here in Belgium, and specifically in Liège, there are Christmas decorations and music everywhere. Christmas music is awesome!!!
Being a missionary this time of year is great. As we celebrate the birth of our Savior, I'm grateful for my calling as a missionary to help others come unto Him.
Christmas as a missionary is hard in the sense that we are away from our families, but they are also some of the best you can ever have because we are constantly thinking about the true meaning of the season.
Have a great week everyone!
 
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment