Translate

Monday, December 9, 2013

Belgium - Week 41 (Liege)

12/3/2013
 
Hello everyone!
Sorry I wasn't able to write yesterday.... Monday was crazy! We had to take a train to Brussels to take care of some legality paperwork and what not. It seems like we are always working on some type of legality paperwork, but I guess that's what we get since our mission covers 3 different countries. 
Unfortunately the Belgium government people messed up my paper a while back (along with some other missionaries) and they weren't even able to fix it yesterday.... so I'll probably end up back in Brussels this weekend. 
It was a lot of fun though, Brussels is awesome and its all decorated for Christmas. 
Of course this week was Thanksgiving. It was definitely an interesting one this year. My first Thanksgiving away from home, but it went really well. We ended up getting together as a zone (18 missionaries) and we played some games and ate a big dinner with as much American food as we could get our hands on. I'll send some photos!
We also had stake conference this weekend and Elder Texiera, one of the area 70 for Europe, was there. Super legit! The best  part though was that I was able to see the old members from my last area which was so cool! I know I say this all the time, but seeing old people that I served or served with is always so exciting. I love the members of Strombeek!
Lets see, this week Elder Aleccia and I had our exchange with the AP's. We got to work in Liège this time instead of Versailles and it was pretty legit. Super fast paced and we met a lot of cool people. 
Elder Aleccia and I got to teach Pascale again. It's been a little while since we've seen her, but we had an awesome, spirit filled lesson. She has been going through some tough times, particularly with her 18 year old son. Pascale is a typical concerned mother and her son has been making some interesting choices despite her pleas and warnings. Elder Aleccia and I were able to talk to her about how we too were once dumb 18 year old boys who made interesting decisions, but in the long run it was our mothers' prayers and testimonies that helped us become who we are today. She also had a really cool spiritual experience while reading the Book of Mormon this week which is great. Pascal is so golden, keep her in your prayers. 
Overall, super crazy, busy week. This week is the last week of the transfer so I will find out if I stay in Liège with Elder Aleccia on Monday. I hope I stay, and I hope I get to stay with Elder Aleccia! I've learned a lot with him and we've had a lot of cool experiences and seen a lot of miracles and baptisms together. This next one will be his last transfer before going home too so I'd love to be there with him to the end! He's the man.
Well everyone... have a great week. 
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment