Translate

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Week 84 - Evry

Oct. 6, 2014
 
Bonjour à tous!
Hope you all had a wonderful week. This week was transfer week for us in the mission so it was pretty intense! Transfer weeks are always full of sad goodbyes and exciting hellos!

Lets start with the "goodbye" half of the week.... We did a FHE with the Belins and the Babins before I left so that was fun. The Belins are such great people and I'm realy grateful for the chance I had to meet them and work with them. I miss them a lot already!

Saying goodbye to Célia and Alain was sad too, but I told them they need to get baptized before I go home in December so I can go back to Versailles and see them haha!

It's so weird not being in the office and seeing President and Soeur Babin everyday. They're so great. They taught me so much and have done so much for me. I love them!
I also had to say goodbye to Elder Everett who just finished his misison and went home a couple days ago. It's so weird... all my old companions are going home!
As far as "hellos" go... I got to pick up my cousin at the airport! She was one of the new missionaries that came into our mission so it was a super great opportunity to be able to go with President Babin and pick her up along with all the other new missionaries.

That was the first time I've seen her after about 2 years! We got to talk, catch up a little bit and of course take some pictures so that was great. I'm really excited for her to be in the same misison as me.
Of course, General Conference was this past weekend. Geez, I hope you all had a time to watch/listen. I was super, super touched and inspired. I left conference feeling more motivated to be a better person. Such a great feeling.
So I am now serving in Evry (city south of Paris) with Elder Empey. Evry is great and Elder Empey is a STUD! I'm super grateful to be here right now. I feel like there is a lot of potential in this city and in this ward. These past couple days we've been finding all day long and we've met a lot of cool people. We're probably going to be doing a lot more finding this coming week to really build up our teaching pool.

I'm super grateful to be with Elder Empey too. He's a super strong, young misisonary. Full of energy and super willing to work hard and be obedient. We're working really well together so far and I know there are lots of cool experiences ahead of us.

Well, I think that's it for this week.

I love you guys, talk to you soon,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment