Translate

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Week 85 - Evry

October 13, 2014
 
Ok, seriously so many amazing things happened this week that I have no idea where to start.
 
Let me start by telling you the coolest thing that happened. 
 
Yesterday, I got the best phone call of my entire life. Elder Johnson called me to tell me that two of my old investigators in Versailles (Jean Yves and Martine) are getting baptized this saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Words cannot express how happy I was to receive that phone call. I got to teach their family for a few months when I was serving in Versailles and now they are finally getting baptized. I love that family so much. Elder Empey and I are going to the baptism this saturday. So amazing!
 
What else happened this week?
 
Well, Elder Empey and I worked our hearts out all week and the Lord blessed us! We met a man named Marc Albert who was baptized about 8 years ago, but then went completely inactive only 3 months after his baptism. After about 8 years with no contact from the church, two mormon missionaries (Elder Davis and Elder Empey) knocked on his door this past week. He let us right in and we hit it off great! He opened up to us and told us his whole story of why he joined the church and why he fell away. Most of the time we just sat and listened... until the end when we were able to share a simple message and testify to him the importance of coming back to church. He accepted the invitation to come back... and he came to church yesterday! For the first time in 8 years he came back! It was so amazing to watch the members of the ward welcome him back. It was literally like watching the 1 lost sheep come back and join the 99. Just goes to show you that it is never too late to come back!
 
We also met another lady this week in a super amazing way. The way we met her was a long story... just trust me when I say that meeting her was either a HUGE accident or a huge miracle (and let's get real... we know it wasn't an accident). Anyways, she told us that she hadn't been to church in several months and that she has recently fallen into some past sins that made her feel unworthy to come to church. We testified to her that church was were she needed to be on sunday and she commited to come...
 
Not only did she come yesterday... but she got up in sacrament meeting and bore her testimony of how she knew the church was true and how it has blessed her life more than anything else she has ever come into contact with. She even gave us a referral to visit one of her friends. Watching her share her testimony in sacrament meeting was a super special experience for me and everyone who got to listen.
 
Ok, if that wasn't enough miralces for the week...
 
Guess what else happened at chruch.
 
So yesterday was my first sunday in the Evry ward since I've been transered (General Conference last week doesn't count). And so I didn't really know any of the members... Anyways, when I walked into priesthood I had the feeling to sit by a certain man. I talked to him before the lesson started and came to find out that he wasn't a member and that this was his first time at church. This man (Bernard) stayed for all 3 hours of church and loved it! He loved it so much that after church he asked Elder Empey and I what he needed to do to "be a part of this church".
 
We told him (right there in the church parking lot) that he needed to be baptized and that we were having a baptismal service on the 9th of November. He said that he would be honored to continue to meet with us to prepare to be baptized on that day.
 
Are you kidding me? Seriously, how does that "just happen"? It doesn't happen by accident that's for sure. God knows His children. The ones that have "left the fold" and the ones that are searching to be a part of it. God either guides His missionaries to find those lost children or He guides the lost children to the missionaries. Either way... He is in control of His work.
 
I'm so grateful to be a part of it.
 
So... basically to sum all of that up. Life is good. I LOVE Evry. I LOVE my companion Elder Empey. I love being a missionary. And missionary work in France is accelerating fast!!
 
Less actives are coming back, and people are flocking to the font to get baptized.
 
I'm a happy man! Have a good week everyone!
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment