Translate

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Belguim - Week 31 (Liege)

9/23/13
 
Hey family and friends!

 
This week was full of saying "au revoir" in Brussels and full of saying "bonjour" in Liege. Again, it was really hard to say bye to those people I've come to love in Strombeek, but I know Liege is going to be awesome. I'm really looking forward to working here. 

 
On Friday I went to Paris for a leadership meeting. I LOVEEEEE Paris. It was great to hear from President Poznanski and see some of my other missionary friends there. 

 
Now I'm living in a new 4 man apartment with Elder Anthony Aleccia (my new companion), Elder Samuel Hill and Elder Matthew Anderson. Funny enough, all three of them are super OLD missionaries. They will all be going home in 11-17 weeks haha so I am definitely the baby of the group. I'm really looking forward to living with them and learning from all of their experience. I'll give each of them a little shout out. 

 
Elder Hill is a jacked rugby player from Kansas. He is one of the nicest guys I've ever met (the term "gentle giant" fits him well) and he wants to be either a heart of brain surgeon. We have awesome biology conversations during meals. 

 
Elder Anderson is the genius of the group. He is from Florida and speaks English and French fluently... but also knows Latin, and a lot of Arabic and Hebrew. He can read the bible in Hebrew which I find incredible. Its so funny to listen to the differences between the English and the Hebrew translation of the bible. Lots of precious truths are lost in translation! 

 
Elder Aleccia is from Ohio and he is a super chill laid back guy who is great at cooking and keeping everyone else in the apartment laughing. He is super Christ like and loves missionary work! We get along super well and he found out today that his sister just got a mission call to New York! Crazyyyyy.

 
Like I said already, the first half of the week was full of lessons and goodbyes. The second half of the week was full of planning. (daily planning, weekly planning, transfer planning, one leader planning, etc). On my mission I've learned the importance of planning everything out. It really helps you work more effectively and accomplish more!

 
Despite all the planning and training meetings in Paris, we were able to get out of the apartment and do some missionary work. We found some great people, set a baptismal date with a 9 year old boy who is part of a less active family and we got a couple of people to church. 

 
The branch here in Liege is great... about 50 or 60 members which is a ton compared to some other really tiny branches.  

 
I hope you're all doing well. Keep the good people of Liège in your prayers. Je vous aime! Je sais que cette l'église est vrais et que cette oeuvre est l'oeuvre du le Seigneur!

 
Until next week,
Elder Davis

 
 
My new address:

16/2, rue Carlier
4000 LIEGE
Belgium

 

No comments:

Post a Comment