Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Belgium - Week 23 (Brussels)

7-29-13
 
 
Hey family and friends,
 

I hope you've all had an awesome week. This week has been pretty out of control for me. So many awesome things are going on right now.
 

A couple days ago we had to go to Paris for Elder Player to take care of his legality so he can live in France/Belgium the next couple of years. While he was doing his legality with some of the other new missionaries, me and the other trainers got to go out and have some fun in Paris. The AP's made a missionary scavenger hunt for us. This was the task:
 

1. Lick the Eiffel Tower
2. Find and African wearing a BooBoo (then contact him, get his phone number and take a picture with him)
3. Sing a hymn to someone on the street
4. Take a picture with a French Hobo
5. Contact everyone you see pushing a stroller
6. Preach to a group of 5 people or more
7. Get 6 other phone numbers
 

(to "contact someone" means to go up to them and teach them about the gospel)
 

We had a couple hours to do this so we all split up into new companionships (I went with Elder Platt another trainer that I was in the MTC with) and we were off. Elder Platt and I didn't have a chance to do all of those things, but we did a bunch of them and had a ton of fun while getting referrals for the missionaries in Paris.
 

While we were doing this I also saw the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel tower, and Notre Dame.... not a bad day huh?
 

That was the first time I've actually seen the Eiffel Tower up close. And trust me... I got REAL close. I'll send a picture haha.
 

Last P-day (so last monday), after we wrote emails we saw a lot of cool old churches and stuff here in Brussels. We live right next to the 3rd biggest church in the world. It's literally right outside our window, we ran around it this morning during workouts.
 

I have a ton of good pictures so I'll try to send some.
 

Seeing all these cool things was a lot of fun. But it definitely wasn't the highlight of the week. We are having a ton of success here in Strombeek. We are finding new investigators, teaching, and getting people to church like crazy. It's amazing how the Lord is preparing these people for us each and every day. This is the most success I've had so far on my mission. Brussels is the promise land for missionary work baby!
 

I could just go on and on. I am surrounded by amazing people. I love Elder Player and Elder Wood and Elder Wilson. They are all such awesome guys and we work super well together. They really inspire me to be the best missionary I can be.
 

Last thing... I got a letter last week from one of my old investigators from Saint Brieuc. Her name is Joelle Tanguy. I've talked about her a lot in old emails home. I can't remember if I've told you guys this or not, but the letter I received from her last week was probably one of the greatest letters I've ever received in my life. She wrote me to tell me thank you for the things I and the other missionaries had taught her. She said that she knows the church is true and that she will be eternally grateful for everything the missionaries have done for her. She is getting baptized. It's letters of gratitude like that that make missionary work the greatest work in all of the world. Missionary work is SOOOO hard, but it is SOOOO rewarding.
 

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. Have a great week.
 
Elder Davis
 
(He sent a TON of pictures, so they will have to be in a separate post :))

No comments:

Post a Comment