Translate

Monday, August 26, 2013

Belgium - Week 25 (Brussels)

8/12/13
 
Hello Everyone!
Another week has come and gone in the blink of an eye. Lots of crazy things went down the past 7 days. Lets see.... 
On Friday we had to go back to Paris to finish up Elder Players Legality. That was a lot of fun because after we finished legality we had a couple hours to kill in Paris until the next train back to Brussels so I took Elder Player to see the Eiffel Tower for the first time. He was as giddy as a school girl in a candy store when he first laid eyes on it so that was super funny haha. Can't blame him though, it's pretty cool. 
 
Paris was cool, but the best part of the week was still the missionary work we did. Elder Player and I have straight up been doing WORK here in Strombeek. The Lord has blessed us with so much success and I'm just so grateful for that. This week we found more investigators than I ever have in one single week before. In fact, we found more new investigators in this week alone than I did in my entire 2nd transfer (A transfer is a 6 week period of time). Our mission president has been challenging us to find and teach young families and that's what we've been doing. We've been led to these young families one miracle after another and it just blows my mind how its all happened.
Day in and day out, I'm amazed at how much of missionary work is really out of our hands as missionaries. We just do what we can, then the Lord blesses us. 
 
I don't have any specific updates on any of our investigators since most of them are new. But, we have one investigator named Emerson who is a cool 18 year old guy from Congo. I think he's ready to get baptized so hopefully we'll be able to set a date with him this week. Pray for him. 
 
Also, I had an awesome birthday yesterday. Elder Wood and Wilson made me a cake so that was super nice of them. I'm grateful to live with such awesome guys. 
 
I hope you all are doing well. Keep saying your prayers, keep reading your scriptures, keep going to church, keep doing those little things. Those tiny spiritual things add up and can make a big difference in a persons life. I've seen the difference in my life and I've seen the difference made in the lives of others. Sometimes we overlook the simple things, but "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass". If you need a little extra help in life right now, consider that. 
 
Talk to you all next week,
 
Elder Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment