Translate

Monday, August 26, 2013

Belgium - Week 27 (Brussels)

8/26/13
 
Bonjour à tous!
 
So this week was pretty crazy comme toujours (as always).  Lots of crazy things went down... The craziest thing of the week happened on Saturday. 
So...
 
One of our investigators invited us to this big multi religion, international conference called "la fin du monde" which means the topic of the conference was about the end of the world haha. When we got there it was in a super nice hotel in Brussels and there were about 12 priests from 12 different Christian churches there in charge of the program. In the congregation was about 100 other people. Of the 100 ish people in the audience, there were only 2 white people.... Me and Elder Player. Everyone else was African which was super cool haha! We stuck out like sore thumbs though in our white shirts and ties. It was awesome, we were definitely turning some heads haha. The speakers were super animated and African-like in their preaching. There was a lot of yelling and 'Amens' being shouted from the audience haha. It was a super fun experience. During the 30 minute intermission... Elder Player and I got swarmed by some of the priests and the other guys in charge of the program. They were super interested in us and treated us like kings for some reason haha. 

They even asked me if I wanted to address the congregation!!!!! I totally wanted to, but we had a lesson we had to go to and I was pretty nervous so I talked myself out of it unfortunately. I totally should have done it. I'm super mad at myself that I didn't.

The priests that were talking before the intermission were talking a lot about Apostasy as one of the signs of the end of the world so I wanted to go up and talk about the Great Apostasy and relate it to the restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ in the latter days. UGHHHH. Such a missed opportunity. If I ever get a next time I am for sure jumping on an opportunity like that!

Sunday was awesome, we had 5 investigators at church including a wonderful young family that we found recently. They are so golden.

Unfortunately transfers are coming up in a couple weeks. I feel like we have so many people super close to baptism so I really want to stay here in Belgium!!!! 

The church is true!

Love,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment