Translate

Monday, August 26, 2013

Belgium - Week 24 (Brussels)

8/5/13
 
Hello everyone,
 
Yesterday ended my 4th transfer out in the mission field. For transfer 5 I will be staying here in Brussels with Elder Player. Not a huge surprise, its pretty common for a trainer to stay with his "son" for 2 transfers. That means another 6 weeks here in Brussels; I'm super excited. Elder Wood and Elder Wilson are staying too so our apartment will all be the same for another 6 weeks which is awesome because these guys are the best. (I promise I said that with more enthusiasm but the exclamation mark doesn't work on this keyboard) 
 
This past week has been super busy. We did a couple exchanges so we had an opportunity to work with some other missionaries and learn with them. Emerson came to church yesterday which was super cool. He's an awesome 17 year old guy from Congo and he's getting super close to baptism. He should be baptized soon, but I think he might have to be baptized by some different missionaries because of where he lives. That's happened to me multiple times where I find or teach someone, but then somebody else baptizes them. C'est la vie. I'm just glad I got to play a part in their process of coming closer to Jesus Christ. 
Looking back on transfer 4 I can say that Elder Player and I did some awesome work together. We completely filled our planners with new/potential investigators. We found several new investigators this transfer and over 100 different potential individuals/families. I didn't think that'd would be possible, but the Lord has really blessed us here in Brussels. Since we are the first missionaries in this area, we had to build it up by finding a bunch of people to teach and I think we accomplished that goal. 
Our mission baptized a record amount of people this past week (at least since I've been here). the work is moving along fast, its crazy.
 
I love my mission. I love this once in a lifetime opportunity I have to be here in Belgium, speak French, meet awesome people and learn and grow personally. Missionary work is something we do to help other people, but it's amazing how much we benefit from it personally in the process. 
 
Thank you for all you guys do for me,
 
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment