Translate

Monday, May 26, 2014

France - Week 57 (Paris)

3/24/14
 
Hey everyone!
Wow, what a week! Every week in Paris just seems so out of control!
Lets see, I'll start by telling you guys about yesterday because Sundays always seem to be the most crazy.
So I've explained this before, but here in Paris, there is only one baptismal font... and it's in our building! So every time the other missionaries of other wards in Paris want to have a baptism, they call us.

Well, yesterday we had 3 people get baptized! They were baptisms for the St. Merri ward and the Anthony ward. Anyways, the funny thing is, we accidentally double booked the church! So I was stressing out all day trying to make it possible to have 2 baptismal services at the same time haha. In the end it all worked out well, but it took a lot of energy. We were at the church from 9 am to 9 pm yesterday.
Hey want an update on Murielle Langer?? So after a lot of opposition, she is doing SUPER well. The past couple weeks we weren't able to see her because of her health, the birth of her first grand child, etc. One of her sons (who is a 20 something year old white french kid who converted to be a muslim) even cussed me out pretty hard core the last time we went past her apartment so things weren't looking too good for a while. BUT we were finally able to see her again this past friday and she accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 13th of April.
You know what's cool about the 13th of April? It's the last day of this transfer!

 You know whats cool about that? That's what we were praying for! For her to bet baptized this transfer.
Miracles baby!
Keep her and her family in your prayers.
We also have a man named Henri and a woman named Patricia who also have baptismal dates for this transfer so keep them in your prayers too.
I always feel like I have so much to tell you during the week, then when I'm finally in front of the computer my brain dies...
Well let's get real.... I'm just excited to go see the Eiffel Tower so I'm having trouble focusing on my email haha. It's not like super, super sunny or hot today so we're thinking the lines won't be too bad. Eiffel tower never gets old!
Anyways, I love you guys. Seriously, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and everything. I hope you're all having crazy awesome experiences and that life is treating you well.
Save up some money and take a trip to paris!
Have a great week,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment