Translate

Monday, May 26, 2014

France - Week 61 (Paris)

4/28/14
 
Hey everybody,

So this week was an interesting one. I've definitely had better weeks, but I've definitely had worse weeks too so "merci à Dieu!"

Let's see... I guess we can start with the sad news... We weren't able to have the baptism of Murielle Langer yesterday. It's kind of a long story of why it wasn't able to happen, but basically her car broke down when she was 5 hours away from Paris so we weren't able to do her baptism interview in time.

Stuff like this happens everytime! I swear, everytime I've ever had a baptismal date fixed, something crazy happens the week before. Its like Satan tries his last minute attempt to mess things up.

No worries though, Murielle is amazing. I have no doubts that she'll be baptized. Opposition will always come before something of spitual importance.

I went on an exchange with Elder Brien Brockbank this week and we had kind of a cool experience.

We went to the church for a lesson and we were walking pretty fast because we were running a little late. As soon as we got there, I saw the member who we were supposed to teach with in front of the door so I quickly greeted him, apologized that we were running late, and then proceeded to open the locked church doors;

As I was unlocking the doors, I realized that me companion wasn't at my side: I looked around the corned and saw him talking to a woman just a little further up the street.

The woman's name is Raphaella and she was standing next to her friend Maria who was feeling really sick and throwing up on the side of the road. Nasty huh?

Thankfully Elder Brockbank saw what Elder Davis didn't and asked if they would like to come into the church and use the bathroom.

They were thankful, and a few mintures later Maria felt like herself again.

They explained that they don't live far away, but had never seen our church building before.

We said "comme vous êtes là pour la premiere fois, aimeriez-vous un tour?" (since you're here for the first time, would you like a church tour?)

They accepted and were SOOOO touched! We even played a hymn for them on the piano and they said that they really felt the spirit.

They came to church yesterday and everything.

Funny thing is, the guy we were originally suposed to teach never showed up, but the Lord put us in Raphaella and Maria's path anyways.

Miraclez baby!

Well, I'll probably leave it there for this week. Have a wonderful day! And keep praying for the good people of Paris.

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment