Translate

Monday, May 26, 2014

France - Week 59 (Paris)

4/14/14
 
Hello Everyone,
Alright, well the big news of the day is.... there is no news! Meaning I will be staying in Paris for another 6 weeks with my favorite Peruvian in the world Elder Gutelius! We will still be serving as zone leaders so nothing is changing. Even the other 2 elders (Elder Brockbank and Elder Powelson) we live with are staying the same so we are super pumped for another miracle filled transfer.
Elder Gutelius is SOOOOO cool and fun to work with. The only problem is that we're having trouble accepting that we're in our 11th transfers... seems too weird to be true.
Anyways, lots of mission left so no worries :) We just want to roll up the sleeves and get to work.
Lets see, what happened to me this week....
Well I got to go to lunch with a Peruvian family. That was pretty fun and they fed us one of the best meals that I've had so far on my mission. They fed us heart and it was super good. I don't know what animals heart it was... but I decided to not ask questions and just enjoy.

The only weird thing about the lunch was EVEYONE (including Elder Gutelius) only spoke spanish haha. I felt like I left Paris and ate lunch in Peru. It was kind of awkward because everyone was talking and laughing and I just sat there eating my chicken like a loner haha.

From knowing French and English I could pick out a bunch of what they were saying, but I couldn't really contribute to the conversation. Super funny experience, but it just makes me want to learn Spanish after the mission.
Henri is still on track for his baptism this sunday so keep him in your prayers! We're all super pumped for him.
Oh guess what?
Murielle Langer came to church yesterday with her husband and daughter and they loved it! It was toooo legit. She is on fire again and wants to be baptized on the 27th of April. She is super solid and there is no doubt in my mind that she'll get baptized, but keep her in your prayers anyway  :)
Hmmmm, what else is new....
I've been running lately since the weather has been getting better and I'm pretty sure I messed up my knee pretty bad haha. Hopefully it'll get better soon because missionary work is pretty hard to do if you're a cripple.
Lets see any last minute things I want to tell you before I go...
No I think that's it.
Life is so good. I couldn't be happier. I really feel like i'm in the "prime" of my mission. Elder Gutelius and I are working super, super hard and the Lord is just throwing miracles at us left and right. Keep the Frenchies in your prayers

Have a wonderful week. I love you guys!
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment