Translate

Monday, May 26, 2014

France - Week 64 (Paris)

5/20/14
 
Bonjour à tous!

We had an amazing week. The Lord is blessing us so much its ridiculous. We had Henri's baptism yesterday and that was a super, super cool and spiritual experience. It was a long road of preperation, but Henri was a champ and he made it! It's amazing to be a missionary and witness so many people make changes to their lives and be blessed for it. I've seen the gospel bless my life and the lives of many others during my mission so far.
I even had the chance to go into the water with Henri and be the one to baptize him. What an incredible experience. The spirit was super strong. Henri was super happy and grateful. Days like Sunday are the best days of the mission!
Too make it even better, we had a handful of friends and investigators there to watch the baptism and support Henri. They were also touched by what they saw. Sometimes I like to say "Baptisms are contagious" so we're hoping that our investigators will remember the spirit they felt and be excited to one day be baptized themselves.
Elder Gutelius turner 21 this week so we decided to get a little crazy and take a dinner right by the Eiffel Tower. It was super fun and suprisingly not too expensive. We went to a cool restaurant with Elder Clawson and Elder Heath who are the other zone leaders in Paris. Elder Gutelious, Heath and I have never had escargots so we decided to give it a try haha. It was actually pretty darn good. They were a little expensive, but I'd definitely eat them again and recommend them to anyone who is brave enough to try. They're a little chewy, but they taste like garlic haha.
Hmm, what else happened this week. So many things, but I can never remember them when I'm sitting in front of the computer.
Edler Gutelious, Brockbank, Powelson and I are going to Versaille today to check out the Versaille chateau. You should google it! Aparently its super, super big and impressive. I'll send some pictures and let you know what I think next week.
Have a great week,

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment