Translate

Monday, May 26, 2014

France - Week 60 (Paris)

4/21/14
 
Hey Everyone,
Well for starters I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! We had a pretty good week and a super good Easter here in good ol' Paris France.
I'll give you some highlights.
So last week I told you guys I did something weird to my knee and was having some knee pain. Well, instead of getting better, it got worse and worse. It started off as only giving me trouble when I went up stairs, but over the course of a couple days it eventually got to the point where I was having trouble just walking around.
I have never been sick on my mission *knock on wood* so I was determined to not let this slow me down.
Side note: I met a man in his 90's this week who was the president of the Paris France mission 40 years ago.... and he was walking better than I was at the time!
I was pretty frustrated, so I asked my companion Elder Gutelius and Elder Powelson and Elder Brockbank my roommates to give me a priesthood blessing.

Really quick, for those of you reading this who don't know what a blessing is... Basically it is a special prayer that can be performed by a priesthood holder. Just as Christ and his apostles healed the sick in the new testament, that same healing priesthood power was restored and is on the earth today.

Anyways, (I hope you're still following me here), I had been wanting to ask them for a blessing for a while, but my pride kept telling me that there was no point in asking because it was no big deal or that my knee would just get better on its own.
Eventually, after a particularly hard day, I was humble enough to ask.
They gave me a blessing that night before bed, and let me tell you..... The next day, I felt like I could run a marathon. My knee felt 100 percent perfect. No issues whatsoever and I was able to keep working.
Coincidence? No way man. The change was so noticeable, and so night and day that I know without a doubt it was no coincidence.
That was one really cool experience this week that taught me the importance of humility and strengthened my testimony of the priesthood.
In other news....
Murielle Langer is supposed to get baptized this Sunday! Keep her in your prayers, she is SOOOO awesome. I am so excited for her.
Alors, je pense que c’est tout. La vie est belle, je suis heureux. C’est dommage que je ne peux pas vous dire tous les choses que je vois en mission, mais sachez que le fait de servir une mission était la meilleur décision que j’ai jamais fait dans ma vie.
Voilà, je m’en vais, il faut profiter quand vous êtes à Paris! On va visiter les Jardins de Luxembourg aujourd’hui. Gardez mes amis dans vos prières. Je vous aime et je suis reconnaissant pour votre soutien. L’église est vraie !

 
Bonne semaine,
Elder Davis
P.S. SHOUT OUT to my cousin Alayna who got her mission call to PARIS FRANCE!!!!!! I'm so excited for her, she's in for the best experience of her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment