Translate

Monday, May 26, 2014

France - Week 58 (Paris)

4/7/14
 
Hey family and friends,
Sorry this email is a little long!
What an awesome weekend! I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but General Conference is like Christmas for missionaries. I just feel uplifted, strengthened and motivated to become more and be better. I hope you also had the opporunity to listen in and to get inspired yourself.
We taught a lot this week. We saw lots of our investigators and saw lots of good progress. I was also able to see the baptism of Miguel yesterday. He is one of the investigators of the other Paris Lilas elders, but I knew him really well since I've been here in Paris. It's always so amazing to see someone you know enter into those waters of baptism. He truley did seem like a new person after his baptism. Full of light, confidence and optimism about the future!
Henri is doing super well. We officially passed him to the elders in St. Ouen this week which was bittersweet. I love that guy! He is such a genius. He has a PhD and everyting in linguistics so he's helped me out with my French a ton since I've been teaching him.
Henri came to the baptism yesterday which helped him get super pumped for his on the 20th. How cool is that? He's getting baptized on Easter!
President Poznanski even gave me and Elder Gutelius permission to go to the baptism, even though it'll be out of our area.
Want to know something cool though?
Henri brought his sister to his lesson with us on Monday and she is also SUPER cool and open to the gospel. She too accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 20th! As if one baptism on Easter wasn't good enough, having a brother and a sister get baptized on Easter together is going to be SOOOOO cool!! Que Dieu est grand!
Again, we were kind of sad that we had to give Henri and his sister Patricia to other missionaries. But the Lord continued to bless us and we were able to fix another baptismal date this week with a young man named Eddie who is the only none member in a big, active, Mormon family of 6.
His date is for the 27th so keep him in your prayers.
The work is EXPLODING here in Paris. I've been blessed to set more baptismal dates this transfer than I ever have before in my mission. Whoever says missionaries in Paris don't baptize are CRAZY!

I can't believe today is the first day of week 6. Next week at this time I'll find out if I'll be staying in Paris or if I get moved to another city. I hope I stay! there are so many awesome things going on here in Paris. The Lord is blessing me and elder Gutelius soooooo much.

I love you guys, keep the Frenchies in your prayers,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment