Translate

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

France - Week 71 (Versailles)

7/7/14

Hey Family,

I think "crazy" is the best way to describe this past week. Shoot... we were running around all over the place, but we had a good time! So two weeks ago we had a bunch of conferences with the whole mission to say goodbye to the Poznanskis... well this past week we did the same thing. We had all of the same conferences, but this time it was to welcome the Babins. I'd say the conferences were a huge success. The Babins are LEGIT and all the missionaries were super excited to meet them. 

On top of all that, we had to prepare for the new transfer because that starts today. I'll be staying here in Versailles with Elder Everett for at least another 6 weeks. I'm super pumped to keep working with him and with President in the office. I feel so lucky!

So literally... this entire week we weren't in our area so missionary work in our area was a little slow... slow until the weekend that is!

I feel like the Lord consecrates the time that we DO HAVE... so we still see the same amount of miracles as normal... it's just condensed into a smaller time period. 

We had our baptism on Saturaday!!! Les jours du baptême sont les meilleures jours dans la vie missionnaire! It was sooooo cool. Téo got dunked and it was a super spiritual experience for everyone... especially his family though! I'm super grateful that I got to teach him and play a small role in preparing him for his baptism.

Sunday was legit too. We had a cool miracle. 

So get this.... 3 weeks ago, I'm on exchange with my man Elder Wood and we meet this young guy named Jeff. I talked to him in the RER (metro type train), and then we took him to the park in St. germain-en-Laye and taught him a lesson about the Plan of Salvation. He was interested, but he said he didn't really have a lot of time to continue meeting with us because he is a busy college student. 

He said that "If it is God's will" for us to talk again... He'll make it so we cross paths again. 

Well yesterday (about 3 weeks later) Elder Everett and I are knocking on doors in a place we don't go to that often. And we knock on this one door...

A haitian woman answers and lets us come in to share a spiritual message with her family.

We sit down and she goes to get the rest of her family from the other room. 

A couple minutes later... Jeff turns the corner and enters the room! My jaw about hit the floor!

How nuts is that??? Seriously there is no way that was an accident. It was toooo perfect.

He couldn't believe that I was standing in his living room haha! All he could say once he saw me was "oh làlà, ce n'est pas posible!!!" (best english translation: NOOOOOOO WAYYYYY, HOW DID YOU FIND ME!!!!)

Haha he was super happy to see us though because he was convinced God led us to him... 

We taught their family a short lesson on the restoration and we will be seeing them again this week. 

Miracles quoi!!

So, that was my week in a nut shell.  Life is too good. the Babins are sooo amazing, I love them to pieces already. The Poznanskis and the Babins are the coolest french people EVERRRR.

I love you all,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment