Translate

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

France - Week 72 (Versailles)

7/14/14

Hey Everyone!

So today is a pretty important day for all the Frenchies. Today is like the 4th of July for French people... meaning we're going to be seeing some cool fireworks tonight! I didn't see any on the 4th so I'm excited for tonight. 

I know I say this all the time... (but its such a cool fact that I can't help repeating myself) We can see the Eiffel Tower from the balcony of our apartment so we'll have a really nice view of the Eiffel Tower fireworks tonight. #ohlàlà

So lets see... what can I tell you about this past week... well it was a pretty relaxed week as far as "week ones" go. This was the first week of a new transfer so we got to pick up new missionaries at the airport. New missionaries fresh from the MTC are so much fun!

Everything went pretty smoothly, except one of the sister missionaries temporarily lost her passport in the plane when she landed in Paris so we were worried they weren't going to let her in the country haha. That wouldn't have been good! Luckily she found it.

We spent a lot of time with President and Soeur Babin this week to help them welcome in the new missionaries. Working with the Babins is so great!

It was a busy week. As an assistant to the mission president I spend a ton of time worrying about logistical issues and what not... kind of like the buisness end of the mission. But we do have time to do regular misionary work too and we're always super blessed with awesome miracles. 

The other day we werer able to see the Registre family again. That's Jeff and his family who I told you about last week. We taught their entire family of 5 people and they accepted the invitation to get baptized if they get an answer to their prayers. We're doing a follow up lesson this week so pray that they'll find what they're looking for... they're LEGIT!

Well I think that about covers it... Today Elder Everett and I are going into Paris to meet up with Elder Gutellius and Elder Ruttan. I don't know what were going to do, but I'm sure it'll be good! Paris never gets old <3

I love you guys! Vive la France!!!!

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment