Translate

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

France - Week 65

5/26/14

Hey Everyone,

Wow, this past week has been probably THE SINGLE, craziest week of my mission.

So many things happened that I'm going to have to start this email by telling you (like always) that I'm not going to be able to tell you everything. 

But I'll do my best!

Here's a brief summary.... 

1. A lady came to us this week and asked us to cast an evil spirit out of her daughters body. I won't give you details about that experience, but it was super cool, super powerful, super spiritual and super personal. But just know that it was super intense, but she was completely fine after the blessing we gave her and she came to church yesterday with her mother saying that she KNOWS the church is true because of the way she saw the priesthood work in her life. One of the coolest things I've seen on my mission and a huge testimony building experience. 

2. Two of our investigators came out to tell us they weren't really interested in our church, but two college students doing a journalism project on mormons for their masters degree so they thought it'd be a good idea to be fake investigators and take the missionary lessons. That was a bummer

3. We baptized Serephan yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. I got a call on Friday telling me that I would be leaving Paris Lilas and that I would be getting transfered to Versailles to work with President Poznanski in the Mission Office. 

5. I got to pass the sacrament ysterday with Justice who I got to baptize a few months ago! He is sooooooo awesome and super happy to have the priesthood. That was a super spiritual experience. 

6. I got to see the Chateau de Versailles which is one of the coolest thigns I've seen so far on my mission. Way cooler than Notre Dame. Its huge and super, super amazing. If you're coming to france any time soon, you gotta see it. 

7. We had 8 investigators come to church yesterday. 8!!!!!! I've never had that many before. Everyone wanted to come to see the baptism. Miraclezzzz

So that is the dry bones outline of what happened in my life last week. I bought a voice recorder thing recently so I could make audio recordings of what happens out here on my mission. A journal is great, and I write in mine every day... but sometimes it just isn't enough!

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Davis

Me yesterday with Elder Gutelius, Miguel Loisel (a super cool recent convert who just got the priesthood) and Serephin (standing next to me) whoo got dunked!


No comments:

Post a Comment