Translate

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

France - Week 67 (Versailles)

6/9/14

Hey Everyone!

Geez, what a week. So, here's what happened en bref...

I did 3 exchanges... Elder Christiansen, Elder Stucki and Elder Cardon

They are all STUDs and we saw some pretty legit miracles together in Versailles.

With Elder Chrsitiansen we applied the principle "talk to everyone" in preach my gospel and we found like 3 new investigators and a ton of potentials. At the end of the night we were doing some porte-à-porte and we came up to a cool looking house. Elder Christaisnsen said to me, "that looks like the house on snow white and the seven dwarfs"... It was a pretty legit house and so we decided to knock it. When we did, 3 little girls came to the window with their dad. They let us in and we taught them about the plan of salvation. We are supposed to see them again this week so pray for the family Karoff!

So turns out... I've known Elder Cardon for about a year, but I never knew he was big into baseball like me! During our exchange we figured this out and had a real nice conversation about our favorite sport. The next morning as part of our morning routine... we went out and played some catch with the baseball gloves my parents sent me a while back. That's only the second time I've used them on my mision because there aren't a ton of baseball players here and not a lot of space to throw. 

Anyways, we made the time and found the place.  MAN I NEVER FELT SO ALIVE. I was a little nervous at first becasue I hadn't thrown a baseball since July of last year... but it wasn't too bad. 

It as only after that I felt like my right arm got ran over by a truck... but no worries, I won't be needing that arm any time soon anyways.

Last night was INTENSE.

There was the biggest storm that I've ever seen on my mission. We're talking hail and thunder and lightning like I've never seen before. We found out this morning that it was so bad that the mission home and office were practically flooded on the bottom floors. Super crazy. 

Oh and yesterday I got to go back to Paris Lilas to watch Cedrick get baptized! He is one of the investigators of Elder Brockbank and Elder Powelson, but I told him I'd come back for his big day. Man it was so special. Nothing better than baptism days. Elder Powelson got to do the ordinace so it was super special to see that.

Also today I went out to Sushi with the Poznanski's... pretty legit huh? It's not everyday that you just go out to lunch with your mission president. I also got to meet President Babin who will be the new mission president starting the 27th of June. He's so cool, I'm super excited to work with him.

Man I love missionary work. Nothin better than this!

I love you guys, have a great week.
 
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment