Translate

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Belgium - Week 46 (Liege)

1-06-2014
 
Happy New Year everyone!!
 
I hope everyone had a happy, safe new years eve and that nothing too crazy went down haha. 
 
The work is on FIRE here in Liège. The Lord is really blessing us. Right now we have 3 baptismal dates for January (and hopefully 4 after tonight). Evarist, Jeanette, Mathieu and (hopefully tonight) Christophe. They are all so LEGIT and I am so grateful for the chance I've had to meet them and teach them the gospel. Keep them in your prayers please!
 
Yesterday I had a really cool experience. Mathieu, one of our baptismal dates was at church and he LOVED it! The spirit was so strong. At the end of church he looked me in the eyes and said in French:
 
 "Don't worry Elder Davis, I'm going to be baptized. I know this is true, you've accomplished your mission"
 
HOLY COW that was so legit! Its moments like that on your mission that just give you a taste of true, joy and happiness. 
 
Something I find interesting is that phrase "you've accomplished your mission". I've only heard that 2 times on my mission, but each time an investigator has said that to me I felt the spirit so strongly as if it was confirming to me that I had met and taught another person that I was sent to Belgium/France to find. Mathieu is a STUDDDDD
 
Missionary life = the good life
 
Lets see what else happened this week. 
Oh yeah... way more miracles than I can even write like normal!
 
I can't remember if I ever told you guys about this... but a couple weeks ago before Christmas I called an lady (who was baptized a LONG time ago but has since completely fallen away from the church). She answered the phone and told me that she was in the hospital not doing well at all with stomach problems. She was in pretty bad shape with tubes and wires all over her. During the phone call she told me she remembers missionaries from when she was a little girl and she asked us to come over to the hospital and give her a blesing (a special prayer for people with certain needs). We did, and the spirit was super strong. We blessed her to be able to regain her health so that she could leave the hospital and be able to spend Christmas with her family at home. 
Thanks to her faith and the power of a loving Heavenly father... We later found out that she made it home late Christmas Eve, just in time to spend Christmas with her family the next day. 
 
Pretty legit huh? 
And people say miracles don't happen.... 
 
Moroni 7:33 And Christ hath said: aIf ye will have bfaith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is cexpedient in me.
 
Faith is the answer, my friends!
 
Anyways... since this awesome experience we've started teaching her and her family. She is married and a mother of 3 children... all who aren't members of the church (yet)
 
They've already see the hand of God in their lives and now they are receptive to our message. They are an awesome family
 
Just goes to show that no one (even someone who had fallen away from the church for many, many years) has done too much bad for too much time that God isn't mindful of them and their needs. I promise that our Heavenly Father loves and watches over each one of us no matter our imperfections. 
 
Well, I should probably leave it there for this week. I still need to write my mission president. I hope you all have an awesome week!!
 
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment