Translate

Sunday, March 2, 2014

France - Week 50 (Paris)

2-3-2014
 
Hey everyone!
First of all....
SEAHAWKS totally DESTROYED the Broncos!!! Gee, that must have been super crazy to watch. There are a handful of super proud Seahawks fans here in Paris today!
So this past week was super awesome. Full of exchanges, miracles, conferences, trainings, miracles, finding new investigators, seeing Ferraris on random streets in Paris, visits to mental hospitals, miracles, etc.
Busy week like usual.
So lets see, last p-day was legit. Like I said last time, we went to see Napoleons tomb which was super cool and super big! Apparently they buried him in 7 coffins (Russian doll style) all made out of some type of different expensive material. His tomb was cool... but right across the street was an exposition of concept cars so we got to see some tricked out Ferraris and Lamborghinis and all that fun stuff. I was on cloud nine!!! And all this was super close to the Eiffel tower so we were definitely living the Paris dream on Monday.

This P-day we are going to the champs Elysees. Elder Hatch's cousin works at one of the SUPER expensive hotels there so were going to go check that out and maybe buy some stuff if our wallets are feeling up to it ;)
Alright, so on to spiritual stuff now :)
The conference with Elder Kearon was SUPER GOOD. Made me do a lot of self reflecting on the things I've accomplished up until now on my mission and the things I still want to accomplish; The overall theme that hit me from his message was about getting to "your next level". I've been thinking a lot about how I can get to my next level as a missionary. How I can be more obedient, more humble, more charitable, more bold, etc.
This type of self reflecting is super important. It definitely helps us develop a vision of what we want to become and then we can set goals for how we are going to achieve it.
Yesterday was super cool!
So for Sunday we originally planned to have 3 of our investigators at church. When sacrament meeting started none of the people we had invited where there so we were really disappointed :( However, right as we were singing the sacrament hymn 2 of our investigators walked in! One of them was a total surprise because we originally thought he wouldn't be able to make it. At the end of the meeting we thought 2/3 wasn't too bad.
However,
at the end of the meeting one of the members of our ward came up to us with another lady and presented her to us saying that she walked past our church building this morning, saw the sign "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" and decided to come in and see. I grabbed a member and we taught her about the restoration right after Sacrament meeting.

For me that was a cool miracle because we set the goal to have 3 people come to church and the Lord provided. Even when it didn't seem likely, we were shown that all things are possible!
2 Nephi 27: 23
23. For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.
All you need to do is have a little faith and big things can happen.
I love this work, I love being a missionary. Some of the highest highs and the lowest lows happen out here in the mission field, but in the end it makes you a better person it pretty much every aspect of life. I'm so grateful to have been called to Paris France.
Have a great week everyone,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment