Translate

Sunday, March 2, 2014

France - Week 49 (Paris)

1-27-14
 
Greetings from Paris France!
So, I have some good new and some bad news. The good news is... I'm in Paris! The bad news is, I can't spend a lot of time writing emails because there's a whole city to explore out there haha! I don't know how its going to work exactly, but normally we clean the apartment, buy groceries and write emails really fast so we can have as much Paris time as possible. P-day only comes once a week after all.
Today we are going to go see l'hôtel invalides and Napoleon's tomb. Its kind of raining today so we aren't going to go up the Eiffel Tower or do anything like that outside... maybe next time. I'll still probably be able to see it from where I'm at though. Then, Elder Hatch my new companion wants to do some shopping on the Champs Elysee. Not a bad day huh?
P-days in Paris are so crazy cool. I can't even explain how AWESOME Paris is. If you're reading this, start saving your pennies now so you can someday visit.
So to answer a couple questions I received... The city of Paris is divided up into a few different proselyting areas. I'm serving in Paris Lilas which is the north east part of Paris. It is a big area so I do lots of missionary work around some cool things. The Eiffel tower isn't in my area, but I can still see it from my area because it's pretty big... especially at night because there is a big rotating light at the top like a light house.
the Pompidu Museum and Notre Dame is in my area though if you've heard of those things ;). President Poznanski gives Paris missionaries permission to leave their area on P-day to see other things in Paris which is really cool.
There are so many museums here!
Oh, the France Paris Visitors center is in my area too so a couple hours a week we are in charge of the visitors center. Super crazy, I never would have thought that I'd serve in a visitors center.

elder hatch is my new companion and he is a BOSS. Super cool guy. super humble, super experienced as a missionary and super fun to work with. We get along great and I'm looking forward to the rest of this transfer;
I also live with elder Strauss and Elder Argent in our 4 man apartment. Elder Strauss is Canadian and Elder Argent is from England so we have a nice British accent in the apartment haha. So much fun!
This coming week is going to be nuts. We have a General Authority coming to visit us. Patrick Kearon (of the 70?) is going to be here this week to do a couple conferences. The entire mission is coming (but since our mission is HUGE with 270 missionaries) we are having the conference in two different days. However, since I'm one of the Paris Zone Leaders I get to go to both conferences! Elder Hatch and I were invited for the first one so we can translate for the General Authority (from English into French) for the missionaries that don't speak English. Super Crazy!!!
Also, Friday we are having another mini conference for all the zone leaders in the mission and Elder Kearon is going to be there to talk to us. I'm super excited.
The ward here in Paris is super strong and super cool. I have already become good friends with some of the members, especially the Young single Adults. My thing as a missionary is working with the YSA.
So... overall. Life is good. elder Davis is a happy man. I still have a hard time remembering which metros I need to take to get where, but other than that I'm settling in nicely.
Thank you for your support and prayers and letters and emails.
Keep 'em coming s'il vous plait ;)
Merci beaucoup encore un fois. je vous aime. Je n'arrive pas de trouver les mots ni en anglais ni en francais d'expliquer la joie que je resense chaque jour en tant qu'un missionnaire. La vie missionarie est legit quoi! Je vous souhait un bonne semaine!
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment