Translate

Sunday, March 2, 2014

France - Week 52 (Paris)

2-17-2014
 
Bonjour à tous,
Ça fait une autre belle semaine ici a Paris. Joyeuse St. Valentin en plus! Alors on a fait pas mal des chose cette semaine. Sur tout hier, on a eu 5 baptême! Elder Strauss et Elder Argent, ils ont baptisé leur jeune famille de 5!
 
Oh gee... I totally didn't realize I was writing that in fFench haha. Dang it. So basically that all means we had an awesome week! Elder Argent and Elder Strauss, the two elders we live with baptized their family of 5 yesterday! Super cool! There was another baptismal service in our church building right after their family got baptized so overall 6 baptisms yesterday.
This past week I went on an exchange with elder Blais who is from Quebec! He doesn't speak English so it was super cool to speak french with him all day and hear his Quebec accent! Its SUPER unique and super different from French accents. Can't wait to talk to my grandma after my mission and hear her Québecoise accent!
on my exchange with Elder Blais we found some really cool people and taught some lessons just right there on the streets of Paris! One of the people we met and taught is named Claire and she came to church yesterday! We're seeing her again tonight so we're excited for that!
on valentines day I got to interview a man who eventually got baptized this weekend. his name is Daniel, a really cool older French guy. I LOVE doing baptismal interviews... every time i conduct an interview I can feel the spirit confirm to me if the people are truly worthy and ready to make the baptismal covenant with Heavenly Father. Great experience.
Speaking of interviews, I got to have an interview with President Poznanski my mission president. Since there are so many missionaries in our mission we don't have a lot of 1 on 1 time with him... but I was his last interview of the day so I was able to spend a little extra time with him. He is such an amazing man. I'm very grateful that I was called to the France Paris Mission for many reasons, but one of the reasons is because I get to work with President Poznanski. He's so inspired and I know he is called of God. I could totally see him being a general authority some day! He'll be the next Uctdorf and everybody will love him for his EXTREMELY strong French accent when he speaks English.
He gave me a lot of good council in my interview that I'm excited to apply to my missionary work!
Overall, great week! I love life, I love being a missionary, and I love being a missionary in Paris! The work is accelerating, our mission is baptizing like crazy!
Have an awesome week,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment